Power Of Prayer has been emphasized and reemphasized thru out the Bible.
All of the Biblical characters had one thing in common. It is the “Habit of praying”.
They look up to the LORD at times of trial,…Ask for HIS mercy when their world was falling apart,…Kneel down in HIS presence for HIS grace and direction.
We had couple of posts on Prayer before.
In Nehemiah 1:1:3
1. Nehemiah inquires about his brothers – Cause/Misery
2. His heart is burdened about Jerusalem. He sat and wept – General Reaction
In Today’s world
We have many reasons to feel dejected, to get upset, to be concerned. What we do next is let our soul be eaten up by the worry.
* Like “Nehemiah Sat” – We drop everything in hand or lose interest, focus in what we do &
* Like “Nehemiah Wept” – We analyze and realize all the possible human solutions rendering no relief and we get depressed.
Nehemiah so much like us. He could be in King’s palace. He could be a governor. Yet, he knows the issue in his hand cannot be resolved in his might. So he takes the next step.
In Nehemiah 1:4
When I heard these words, I sat down and wept and mourned for days; and I was fasting and praying before the God of heaven.
He decided to seek LORD’s help the maker of heaven and earth.
He FASTED and PRAYED for days. (It didn’t say months so it must be lesser than 2 months. 40 days may be)
His prayer followed a nice format just like the one our great shepherd Jehovah Rohi teaches in Mathew 6:9-13
~* The Nehemiah’s Style *~
Hallelujah! What a strong prayer format. He is praying for his brothers, his forefather’s forgiveness, for the people he has not seen.
Book of Nehemiah does not start with the background details explaining Nehemiah’s spiritual faith, his righteousness, his style of spiritual life etc.
However, Chapter 1 quickly provide us with a below understanding
1. Nehemiah is compassionate and GOD fearing
2. Has been following certain style of Prayer – Fasting and Praying
3. Follows ACCP format Adoration, Confession, Claim and last but not least
It is evident that this is the format he has been following for his morning prayers to any prayer he might want to bring to his presence.
Today, I urge you all to Pray, to Pray without ceasing, to Use the formats outlined by the great Prophets in Bible for GOD listens to our prayers and meet our needs in a mighty way.
We serve a Living, Seeing, Answering GOD! Hallelujah! Peace be with you!
Note: For extra read, Please read Sis.Yamini’s deliberation on Standing On Promises via Daniel’s Prayer